The Peel Regional Academy of Sport (PRAS) is the first project of the Peel Sports and Recreation Network in association with DSR Regional Talent Development programme. It is an academy based scholarship provided to targeted elite athletes who are excelling in their chosen sport. It is supported by all State Sporting Associations and has the goal of producing Australian team representatives as well as Olympic athletes.
Benefits to the athletes
- All scholarship holders will be provided with a full year membership to the Basement gym located at the Peel Thunder Football Club as well as full training uniform including training shirts, shorts and a polo shirt.
- All scholarship holders will get to work with the PRAS Strength and Conditioning (S & C) coach who will liaise with relevant State Sporting Associations and coaches to plan and implement a specific S and C plan for each athlete.
- Athletes will attend up to 3 weekly S and C sessions that will be conducted by the S and C coach, this programme is designed to supplement your current training and athletes can come anywhere between 1 and 3 sessions per week. .
- Athletes will have access to multiple professional development sessions on the below topics plus more
- Social Media Training.
- Sports Physcology.
- Strength and Conditioning.
- Former world class athletes talking about their journey.
- Academy camps and team building sessions.
- Athletes must abide by the terms and conditions and the code of conduct as can be found in the athlete agreement.
- Athletes must attend all information nights and PD sessions. Your State Sporting Associations nominated you for this academy and we will be reporting back to them on your attendance. An attendance compliance document will be emailed to you shortly. Consistent non-attendance will result in termination of your scholarship.
- S and C sessions- You must attend the sessions you indicate – If one session a week is all you can attend this is fine but you must come to that 1 session the same rule for 2 or 3 sessions per week.
- Any enquiries, communication, questions please feel free to call or email me Joe McCarthy – (MOB) 0439497032 or firstname.lastname@example.org